Hello my loves! Today’s post is a recipe for amazing lemon bars. Recently I’ve been having a craving for something baked, and I’ve definitely been wanting something fruity. During the summer baked goods can be a little overwhelming, but I think that fruity desserts can be super refreshing and delicious during hot months.
I used this recipe, which was incredible. This post will include the recipe as well, but if you want the original there it is!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius, or the 4th gas mark.
2. Combine butter, 2 cups of flour, and a half cup of sugar.
3. Press the dough into the bottom of a non-greased, non-lined 9×13 baking pan.
4. Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes. I baked mine for about 18 minutes. Remove when the dough is firm and golden-brown. Allow to cool.
5. Combine remaining flour and sugar.
6. Add eggs and beat well. It’s important that your egg is whisked very well so that it is evenly distributed throughout the filling.
7. Next, juice your two lemons fully. Make sure that there are no seeds in your mixture, and then whisk again.
8. Pour the filling mixture over the cool crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, and then allow to cool again.
9. Allow to cool slightly before dusting with sifted powdered sugar.
And that’s that! I absolutely love lemon bars, and this recipe is amazing. Perfect balance between sweet and tart. It’s also really easy to make!
And now, I need to thank you all because I recently reached 100 followers on this blog! I would like to do a Q&A as a celebratory post, so if you’d like that leaving some questions on the comments of this post and I’ll answer them soon (: